Friday 8 May 2009

The recession, and my part in its downfall.

Recently I found ten pounds in the street, and found myself considering the moral course of action. Assuming there was no point in trying to find its rightful owner, I considered destroying the money, to increase the value of all the other cash in circulation. But wait.. in the current deflationary climate the mints are going full tilt printing new money. I don't want to push against our Glorious Leaders. I don't want to tell my grandchildren I was responsible for a Depression.

Eventually I hit apon the answer. As I'm not regulated by the FSA I was able to lend the whole amount to reckless borrowers, desperate to buy the latest Lily Allen record. Yes, its no time to think of ourselves, this recession.. we've got to lie back and think of the economy now.

2 comments:

  1. sir, contrary to popular belief i can regulate wherever and whenever i like. please can you arrange a meeting with your board of directors.

    lots of love

    adair

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Turner,
    Frankly I'm dissappointed.. I'm trying to do my bit keeping the wheels of commerce turning - but so far the Treasury, Bank of England and FSA have offered me no assistance whatsoever. I would be grateful if you could come round for tea this evening to discuss the situation. I have bought a lemon drizzle cake.

    Yours eternally,
    The Cap'n

    ReplyDelete