Tuesday 9 March 2010

A word in your ear from.. Alistair Cook

Its been a while since my last post; but it was worth the wait. Today I have an exclusive interview from Captain Cook himself!

"..You know, they said I couldn't play for England, but of course I did! And I've been brilliant for England ever since! Remember that double century against Australia?"

I don't think you were playing for England when you scored a double century against Australia

"..I was great.. And there's no one in test cricket with a better average than me. I knew they'd ask me to be captain in the end.. they said I couldn't do it - but Pietersen and Strauss were rubbish so in the end the inevitable happened. I was great, of course"

Of course..

"..of course.. Bangladesh are one of the strongest sides in international cricket"

In the top 10, certainly..

"..eh? .. And we absolutely trounced them! I did most of the heavy lifting of course. I doubt Straussy will dare to show up for the return fixtures in the Spring.."

Er.. a rousing win. But what about the test series

"What?! The test series will be a breeze! I'll be there, of course. They said I couldn't bowl but I proved them wrong. I was fantastic"

You went for 111 off 5 overs..

"None of the other bowlers could finish the deal.. We needed them to declare to get the win. Its part of a tactical battle I'm bound to win. It was just a small matter of me knocking off the runs batting at 1. In the end I decided to retire on 42. That's the kind of guy I am.. brilliant.. but don't try to outguess me. Know what I mean?"



Well.. that was an interesting interview. He's always seemed quite mild mannered in the past, but I walked past him giving the bowlers a bollocking and the air almost turned blue! Later he was in the team hotel, wearing a three cornered hat, shouting "Once more into the breach ,dear friends!" At the same time he was smoking a cigar and making the V for victory sign with his free hand. Apparently he likes to read inspiring autobiographies.. educated man!

He is also good on the piano.

2 comments:

  1. Alistair Cook share's a birthday with a special man.. Ian Botham!

    No, only joking.. he share's a birthday with Jesus Christ, Our Lord Saviour.

    Still.. if he could combine Jesus' sense of fair play with Ian "Beefy" Botham's combative batting style he's certainly be a formidable player!

    And the Virgin Mary at slip! Ho Ho.. I'm a one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the very mouth of hell shall open on the day of reconing and none shall be spared who does not repent.

    and cook's average shall be 0 in the eyes of the lord. and ian bell will come again when everyone is irritated by him getting out so often in the 20s and 30s. and rob key, rob key, let us praise him.

    and yes, i do think i am a special one so i should open the bowling.

    ReplyDelete